3-½ inch round cutter
3 cups of flour
¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
½ teaspoon of salt
3 tablespoon of granulated sugar
2 tablespoon of firm butter cut into small cubes
¼ cup of a good Marsala wine
1-2 egg whites, whisked slightly
2 cups fresh ricotta
1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 tablespoon minced candied orange peel
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Please don't forget to Subscribe to us on YouTube (we will love you forever!) Don't worry, it's FREE and it just takes two clicks! And when you subscribe you will get beautiful video recipes from Grandmother's Kitchen.
- To drain the ricotta cheese, put the cheese into a cheese cloth and let it sit over night.
- Take the ricotta cheese that has been drained and put it into a bowl.
- Mix in confectioners' sugar.
- Then fold in the, cinnamon, and candied orange peel.
- For the shells:
- Sift the flour, salt, cinnamon and granulated sugar.
- Then mix in the butter and eggs with a fork.
- Slowly add in the Marsala wine until the dough comes together.
- Form it into a large ball and let it rise for 15 minutes.
- Dust a cutting board with flour.
- Roll out the dough until it is ¼ of an inch thick.
- Roll out this dough and fold it into the shape of a cannoli shell.
- You then use the egg whites as a glue to hold the shell together.
- Have about 3 cups of oil slightly boiling at 350 degrees.
- Fry the shells one at a time for about one minute.
- Then lightly remove them using tongs and let them sit.
- Once the shells are prepared, you can begin to fill them by putting the filling into a baking bag.
- Squeeze the filling into your shells and enjoy with the filling in this recipe or any variation you find.